FREE shipping on all small item orders over $100!
Please be aware, items may not currently be in stock and may need to be ordered in.
Also known as a Nakiri knife. A Japanese-style square-tip knife that is great for chopping meat, root vegetables and big prep jobs.
Popular alternative to the Santoku.
GLOBAL SAI Knives follow in the same tradition as the GLOBAL Classic knives and are made in the same fashion by skilled Japanese craftsmen in Yoshikin's factory.
An entirely new handle design incorporates an ergonomic thumb-rest to ease the cutting motion.
The blades are crafted from special CROMOVA 18 SANSO material, comprising three layers of Stainless Steel.
The central layer with cutting edge is of CROMOVA 18 Stainless Steel, hardened to Rockwell 58-59 degrees and honed to a fine edge to give awesome cutting performance.
This is sandwiched between two layers of softer SUS410 Stainless Steel material, which helps to protect the blade against chipping rusting and staining.
A new, hammered finish is applied to the sides of the blade.This is not purely decorative. The air pockets resulting from this result in a better release of food being cut, giving the blade non-stick properties.
· Three ply blade construction, Ice tempered and hardened to Rockwell C58-C59.
· Each blade is individually hammered which creates air pockets between the blade so food elegantly falls away from the surface
· Unique thumb rest gives added comfort and control
· Smooth contours and seamless construction eliminate food and dirt traps, offering the ultimate in safety and hygiene.
· Made in Japan, GLOBAL provides a lifetime warranty against defects in material and workmanship
You must be over 18 to purchase this product
Request More Information
Details of the product above will be automatically included with your enquiry.